Digital Data Collection project of the City of Lapu-Lapu had its beginnings in 2012. Last March 1, 2012, the representatives of Geoplan Cebu Foundation Inc.(GEOPLAN), GIZ and GIS Tailor-Made had a presentation to the city's officials of its GIS products and solutions specifically on the following:
1. GIS Map Development
2. GPS-based Survey with the use of android devices
3. Geoexplorer for parcels
4. GIS Map Viewer
The mayor expressed interest in the presented GIS solutions and in line with the digitial iniatives thrust of the mayor, funds were allocated for its GIS project Phase 1 - GIS Map Development.
GPS-based Survey with the use of android devices
Then after several meetings and consultations, the city in partnership with GIZ implemented the digital data collection project "GPS-based Survey with the use of android devices". The project was started with a seminar on "Designing Questionnaires & Interview Techniques for Data Collection Using Android Tablets " which was held last October 9-10, 2012 at Crown Regency Suites in Lapu-Lapu City. It was participated by selected department heads and staff from the city.
Then it was followed by the seminar on "Training on Questionnaire Building & Use of Android Device" which was held last November 26-27, 2012 still on the same venue. After the seminar 25 tablets were distributed to the participants for their actual use. Regular meetings were then conducted to monitor the progress of the data collection.
The following are just some of the data gathered (digital maps) during the actual digital data collection:
1. Typhoon Pablo Watch - evacuation centers were monitored during Typhoon Pablo
2. Evacuation Center Inventory - as a requirement of DILG, the city is to submit an inventory all of its evacuation centers and the city conducted it with the use its android tablets. The data gathered was complete with GPS coordinates of the centers with photos.
3. Fire Incident Monitoring - the Fire Department was issued a tablet and in the event a fire broke out, data in connection with the fire are gathered using the android tablet and then immediately transmitted to the server.
4. Fire Hydrant Inventory - an inventory of all the existing fire hydrants and its status was conducted using the android tablet issued to the fire department.
5. Dengue Cases Monitoring - there is an ongoing survey of all the dengue cases in Lapu-Lapu City for the year 2013 using the android tablet issued to the City Health Office.
6. Projects Monitoring - monitoring of the mayor's ongoing and completed projects is done using the android tablets.
Phase 2 of the GIS project was started with a Kick-off seminar conducted last March 6, 2013 and will be completed before the year ends. It covers the following:
1. Geo-explorer for land parcels link to existing Real Property Tax System
2. Geo-explorer for business establishments link to existing Business Permit and Licensing System
3. Geo-explorer for tourism
4. GIS Mapviewer